Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Most Romantic Chase of All Time

So, I know all of you can think of your favorite romantic comedy, song, or novel.  These are the stories that make you long to be a part of an exciting story, a romantic journey.  We all long for an irreplaceable role in these journeys, some more than others, but it is a shared desire.  What would you think if I told you that you have been included in this journey since you took your first breath?  God has been pursuing you fiercely and persistently since you were born.

I was reading the book Captivating by John and Stasi Eldridge recently and this comment fascinated me: "Every song you love, every memory you cherish, every moment that has moved you to holy tears has been given to you from the One who has been pursuing you from your first breath in order to win your heart.  God's version of flowers and chocolates and candlelight dinners comes in the form of sunsets and falling stars, moonlight on lakes and cricket symphonies; warm wind, swaying trees, lush gardens, and fierce devotion" (116).  God's way of romancing us and speaking to our hearts has so much more depth and beauty than the pursuit that we wish for from one another.  He is the Creator of romance and He carries out every plan with perfection.  His pursuit of each of us is specific to each individual. He showed me my need for Him and fulfilled these needs in a way unique to me, and He did the same for you.  

It should not be surprising that God also desires to be pursued; He desires for us to come into His presence.  He desires for us to long for Him.  If we look at a familiar passage with this in mind, we may see this.  Let's look at Jeremiah 29:11-14~"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will hear you.  You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place which I sent you into exile."  This is part of the image of God imprinted on our hearts, to be desired and sought by our beloved.  Do not lose sight of this.  Marriage is good, it was also ordained by the Lord.  But for those of us who find ourselves single, we should seek God wholeheartedly so we might find Him!  And know new depths of His love like we have never imagined before.  Then, if the Lord places someone else in our path to accompany on this journey, he or she will only add to this happiness.  There is a difference between having someone adding to your happiness and someone being your source of happiness.  The role of fulfilling our source of happiness belongs to only one person, Jesus.  He is the only one who is worthy to fill this place in our hearts.  

If we keep these things in perspective, our walk with the Lord becomes sweeter with every new day.  These are real struggles though.  If you are walking through difficulty, feel free to comment with prayer requests.  I assure you, you are not facing this battle alone.  

Keep striving onward, brothers and sisters!  May the Lord bless you and keep you.

Your sister,
Amber

Here's a cute picture...thinking of my adorable kids back in Ecuador. How I miss them and cannot wait to be reunited....(one month from this coming Sunday, exciting!)

4 comments:

Patricia Castillo said...

El amor de Dios es tan grande y misericordioso que aunque le seamos infieles El nos recibe sin reclamos y con brazos abiertos, Dios ensenanos a amarte !!!!! Muy lindo Amber Dios te bendiga y te use para su Gloria :-)

Patricia Castillo said...

El amor de Dios es tan grande y misericordioso que aunque le seamos infieles El nos recibe sin reclamos y con brazos abiertos, Dios ensenanos a amarte !!!!! Muy lindo Amber Dios te bendiga y te use para su Gloria :-)

Patricia Castillo said...

El amor de Dios es tan grande y misericordioso que aunque le seamos infieles El nos recibe sin reclamos y con brazos abiertos, Dios ensenanos a amarte !!!!! Muy lindo Amber Dios te bendiga y te use para su Gloria :-)

Amber said...

Gracias Pati! Amen! Cuando nosotros somos infieles su misericordia no desaparece...El sigue fiel como siempre..y nunca cambiara, gloria a su nombre!!